1. Irvine has the unprecedented distinction of being one of “America’s Safest City” and one of the most fundamental duties of government is to enhance public safety and welfare by creating and enforcing laws. Being ranked as a safe city affects every facet of operations in Irvine.
- Visionary planning, advanced technology, strong law enforcement and retention programs, additional law enforcement officers (people) in order for a community to be successful moving forward.
- Community safety, controlled traffic, and prosperity for businesses both big and small.
2. Freedom and free enterprise “JOBS” should be the guiding force; it is the American way of life, not government regulation. Put taxpayers first !
3. Infrastructure failure – traffic, roads, transportation, “municipalities” have successfully built and run public utilities, and infrastructure is one of the primary ways that our city can make ourselves more competitive. By creating real economic consequences for jobs, income, and businesses. Build the right thing at the right time, jobs and businesses will come.
4. Every child in California is entitled to a first-class education. It provides the opportunity for any child to be raised up in our society based upon hard work and achievement.The continuation of providing our families with access to great schools, quality teachers and affordable, higher education choices, with a focus on the family.
- Irvine strong educational system allows Irvine to continue in its role as the world’s premier leader in scientific research and technological development.
- Return control of schools to local levels lets support teachers by opposing one-size-fits-all federal programs that take flexibility away from modern teachers.
- Support the right of parents involvement in their children education, local school districts, and the state of California to develop curriculum and set testing standards.
The belief that public service is a trust, one of the highest callings to which any man or woman may aspire. Ethics in service to one’s fellow citizens goes beyond the letter of the law.
I understand the importance of the American can-do independent spirit which made this nation great. Lend your voice to the issues that are important to you. I will work attentively to advance policies that will improve the overall well-being of all Californians. As your Mayor, I will fight for fiscal discipline, limited government, and personal responsibility.