Our city government needs to exercise fiscal restraint, and control its spending.
- Staff: Always consult the city budget and accountant before making any fiscal decisions.
- Balanced Budget: Establish and remain resolute in preserving a balanced budget without compromising Irvine’s long-term economic goals.
- Tax Breaks: Break down the budget and cut out the fat. Unnecessary expenditures are a discredit to taxpayers. These wasted funds should remain in their wallets.
- Review Contract Process: Review vendor contracts semi-annually. Establishing yearly contracts will provide multiple companies the opportunity to bid, providing the best price, quality and job.
- Pensions: Review and revise the city’s pension plan.
The negligence and poor decisions of this council, a council my opponents have been apart of for over two decades, have allowed for our current city council to dip into our rainy day fund. A fund that I believe is best untouched unless under dire need. Short-term decisions with no vision lead to long-term economic disaster. As mayor, I intend to use my executive experience and prevent these issues from continuing by keeping focus on efficient spending and planning.